Smart thermostats, Wi-Fi thermostats, digital thermostats—these new technologies utilize smartphone apps in order to help regulate your home’s temperature while also saving energy. They offer a level of convenience that has never before been seen in home heating and cooling, so they can make a large difference in your energy consumption.
Features of Thermostat Apps
These thermostats come with their own apps that are used to control them. There are a number of these to choose from, and many will offer the following features:
- Remote temperature control: Naturally, the primary function of a remote app for your thermostat is to make adjustments to the temperature without actually touching the physical thermostat itself. Just pull out your phone, check the temperature, and make adjustments as needed.
- Scheduling: Some apps will also allow you to set up schedules for your thermostat. For example, if you know that everyone will be out on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00am to 2:00pm every week, you can use the app to set the thermostat to run lower during those times to save on energy.
- Various data and notifications: Many apps can give you notifications and data on the current status of your heating and cooling. They can also provide data on weather conditions and send you important reminders.
Not only are thermostat apps highly convenient, but they can also make your thermostat more effective.
Popular Wi-Fi Thermostats
There are many brands available, but some of the most popular digital thermostats will use the following apps:
- Honeywell Total Connect Comfort for use with Honeywell Thermostats
- Nest app for use with the Nest Learning Thermostat
- Ecobee3 app for use with Ecobee3 smart thermostats
Each of these apps comes with a variety of features, so you’ll want to do some research before choosing one.
Installing Heating and Cooling Equipment
If you wish to install a smart thermostat in your home, enlisting the aid of experienced professionals can make things much easier. The installation process can be complex and must take into account a variety of factors. Climate Tech Air Conditioning and Heating can help you through that process.