A warranty on your heating and cooling equipment can take the edge off the costs of keeping everything running smoothly. Most manufacturers offer a limited warranty on their equipment, essentially guaranteeing their products as long as they are properly installed and cared for.
That said, there are a number of conditions that can void your warranty. A few of the major ones include the following:
- Improper installation: Poor installation can result in mechanical issues, poor heating and cooling, inefficient operation, and a voided warranty. The best way to avoid this is to get your equipment installed by a certified professional.
- Using off-brand replacement parts: A manufacturer can only guarantee their own parts, not those made by someone else. When replacement parts are needed, you must go with original manufacturer parts if you hope to keep the warranty.
- Not registering the warranty: This is a fairly simple one, but important nonetheless. Many manufacturers won’t honor a warranty unless you’ve registered it with them, so going through the process is worthwhile. It’s also quite easy too, in most cases.
- No regular maintenance: There are many problems that can be prevented with proper seasonal maintenance. Manufacturers recognize this, and your warranty will require you to keep up on routine checkups and repairs. If you don’t, it can easily void the warranty.
- Failure to record maintenance: As important as it is to actually get routine maintenance work done on your heating and cooling systems, it’s just as important to make sure it’s all recorded. That way if something still goes wrong after repairs are made, you have evidence that you did everything necessary to keep it running. Without proper records on maintenance, repairs, installation, and warranty information, you could be left on your own if something goes wrong.
In order to keep the warranty on your heating of cooling systems, you need the assistance of HVAC professionals who can install, maintain, and repair your equipment correctly. This includes seasonal checkups. For help maintaining your HVAC system’s warranty, contact Climate Tech Air Conditioning and Heating today.